Build New or Buy Old?
You could buy an existing home and renovate, but before you do, give some thought to the following points:
- 61% of used homes aged over 20 years required a major renovation to major amenities such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- The average bathroom renovation spend is between $10,000-$16,500
- The average kitchen renovation spend is between $10,000-$14,500
- 58% of home renovations take longer than expected
- The average time spent on renovations and maintenance of old homes is 4 hours and 40 minutes per day!
- New paint, render or cladding doesn’t make your home safer or cyclone proof
- Removing old flooring does not remove asbestos or solve damp issues
- New lights do not mean the house is energy efficient
No matter what you do to an old home, it will always be an old home.
- Newly built home save money, time and often marriages!
- Newly built home owners are more likely to invite friends over
Buying an existing property often means:
- Budget blow-outs and never-ending costs
- Weekends consumed by renovations and maintenance repairs
In reality, buying a used home really isn’t what it’s cracked up to be!
So buy new.
Building new means you and your family will have the safety and security of a brand new home. You’ll get the bathroom and kitchen you’ve always wanted…without the headache! AND you’ll save your weekends, your back pocket AND your relationship. Buy new. Buy a Grady Home.
DID YOU KNOW: All Grady Homes come with a fixed price guarantee, a 50 year structural warranty, a 12 month product and maintenance warranty and a 5 month build guarantee! Find Out More