How To Care For Stone Bench Tops
Many of our new client homes are being built with 20-40mm stone bench tops to the kitchen and vanities. While stone surfaces may look robust and impenetrable, there are a few manufacturer recommendations to keep your stone in tip-top condition and to avoid irreparable damage.
- Do not place hot items directly on to the surface – use a board or cooling tray
- Do not cut food directly on the surface as this can cause scratches in the surfaces which can encourage staining
- Regularly use a damp cloth or paper towel to remove dirt, grime and liquids
- Clean up spills and marks promptly to avoid staining the stone
- For a deeper clean try spraying with a multi-purpose cleaner like Spray’n’Wipe or a non-abrasive cleansing cream
- DO NOT use caustic cleaning chemicals such as bleach, gumption or domestos. This type of cleaner is highly acidic and abrasive and can damage the surface.
- Avoid using abrasive sponges, oven cleaner, harsh bathroom cleaners
- Use a specialised stone-care spray once a week to maintain the look of your stone – We recommend Lithofin products