How To Choose A Builder
We’ve put together a short checklist of questions to ask builders, so that you can find the right builder to build your new home.
Does Your Builder Offer What You Are Looking For?
- Can they offer you the building type you are after, in the location of your choice?
- What are their designing and building processes? Do they align with what you are looking for?
- What inclusions do they offer? Can they build with products or accessories that you have personally selected from outside of the builder’s recommended range?
- Can they manage or recommend contractors for the construction of additions to your home such as window furnishings, pool, shed, and landscaping?
- Does your builder offer a floor and site plan design service?
- Are there fees involved in altering standard plans?
- Does the builder offer Quotes or Estimates? Are there fees for additional quotes? (Ensure you are getting a fully inclusive quote before signing a builder contract)
- Will there be a set date for project start and completion upon contract signing?
- Does your builder organise planning permission and estate/council approvals on your behalf?
What To Look For In A Builder & Things To Check Before Contracting A Builder
- Are they licensed? You can do a quick check of Queensland builders here: QBCC License Check
- How long has the builder been in business?
- Does the builder have insurance?
- What are their customer care and quality assurance policies for before, during and after the build?
- What do their previous clients have to say about their service, project management and build quality?
- Can you view some of the previous and current work?
- What is, and what is not, included in the builder’s quotes and contracts?
- How are variations made and processed before and after a contract has been signed?
- Do they have a dedicated contact for pre- and post- sale enquiries?
- What does the builder expect of you during the process? For example: How many on-site inspections are you expected to attend.
- Does your builder build to local and regional building standards especially against protection of environmental destruction?
If you would like to know any of the above about Grady Homes, we are more than happy to provide you with all of the answers to your questions and help you on your home building journey. Get in touch to make an enquiry.